Thursday 22 April 2010

A very warm day.....


Here he is, my little boy!







In his red santa coat in the Lake district,,it was the middle of winter and -8 degrees!
I will be so sad if he needs to have an operation....





I love Rose Tremains books
"The Colour" is one of her best. I have read Labyrinth by kate mosse now looking forward to this..I also love Patrick Gales books..his characters are wonderful and so alive..








Today it has been such a lovely day, the chilly east wind that was making it feel really cold has finally dropped and we are bathed in wall to wall sunshine..My husband and i decided to postpone the jobs we were doing, and to make the most of the delightful weather , we headed off , with our dog Fergus, to Crantock beach which is near Newquay.Although Newquay is large and commercialized, Crantock, is in fact the opposite..It a lovely little village with lots of olde world cottages , some with thatched roofs, and a lovely huge beach , with very fine white sand

The beach is dog friendly and its one we use alot out of season but we have never been on it between Easter and Summer...we were horrified at having to pay £3.50 to park!The car park belongs to the National Trust and we thought it was rather expensive for this time of year, but dutifully paid it, my husband grumbling under his breath...
I said "at least they use it to keep the countryside nice and look after all the old houses"(which i don't think helped much as we were still £3.50 less better off!)Nevertheless, we headed for the beach...we had brought the ball for our dog as he loves to chase it
but what we hadn't realised since our last trip to the beach was that his eyes have become really bad due to having undiscovered corneal ulcers, and his sight has deteriorated quite badly so much so that he could hardly see the ball.....it was so sad to watch...he is 13 now and we hadn't realised just how bad they were as he seems to get about ok..we have been treating him with cream for the last month but if the ulcers don't heal he will need an operation.I am very anxious about him having an anaesthetic because of his age, but he cannot be allowed to suffer.It made me so sad , that the feeling sort of hung about all day and i even had a little weep about it...i cannot believe he is 13 , we have had him from a very young puppy and it breaks my heart to think of him as old and frail but one thing you cannot do is prevent ageing.

After we had left the beach , we went to a car boot sale , where i was lucky enough to pick up some books for only 50p each,one of which I have been after for a long time..Now I have lots of books to read through out the Summer (as if I don't have anything else to do!)




































No comments:

Post a Comment